2020 in Socks: Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater


In April, I started working on these beautiful Perfect Pansy Socks by Stone Knits, using the Cool Speckle Skein Pack from Yarn Love.


If I recall correctly, the first half of the colorwork chart took 7 hours to complete (while working two at a time). And then after the heel I tried them on and the didn't fit.

These socks almost defeated me. I am so over colorwork. No beautiful designs are worth the agony of having to rip out and start the tangled process over again. I was so upset that I put these socks down and I picked up a whole new hobby! I learned to sew in May and I made two whole skirts and a few masks before I picked these up again in the beginning of June. These turned out beautifully, but I was so frustrated by the experience that I just gave them away to my sister. Plus, I was behind on my goal of making 12 socks this year. So I cheated.

May, June, July

Luckily I have a new nephew set to arrive at the end of the year. Above is the Perfect Newborn Socks by Tabitha Gandee, each made in an increasing needle size so that he can grow into them. (I also ordered these darling baby sock blockers meant to go with this pattern, because they were just too cute!) Yes I did make three versions even though I was only two socks behind. I've been putting off a few projects, so I'm going to make it a goal to complete at least one in July, instead of getting distracted by that month's sock. Fingers crossed that I can deliver on this!


Comments