Finished Project: Striped Felici Socks

I finished a pair of socks! And I was so close to only having to use one ball of yarn for both. Using Knit Picks Felici in Arugula and the Time Traveler Sock Pattern, I made these adorable green stripy socks. I'm super proud that I was able to match stripes on both until I got to the heel on the second sock. It was then that I had to switch to a second ball of yarn. I tried to match the pattern, but I seem to have picked the colors going in the opposite orientation. I think if I had made them ankle socks instead, I would only have had to use a single skein but I doubt I would have been able to match the stripes so perfectly.

I love using this yarn. It is soft and sturdy, and the stripes always make the resulting project interesting to look at without the pain of working with multiple balls of color. I was upset when I saw that Knit Picks discontinued the yarn permanently, and so happy when I saw that it's been brought back just in time for me to order more for a second pair of socks. I hope Knit Picks takes the hint and keeps this line around in the future!

Comments