Renegade Craft Fair


I had a really fantastic time on Sunday at the Renegade Craft Fair at Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles. I did not hear about it until the day of, when I was already out, so please excuse my shitty pictures and my shitty hair. It was wonderful to see all the local Makers around town. It was as inspiring as it was gorgeous.

One of the companies at the fair was the Yarnover Truck. It's an adorable repurposed Little Debbie truck repurposed into a portable yarn shop. I've been to it at various places around SoCal since it opened, and I'm always excited to see it again. This time I purchased a gorgeous fingering weight hank in a raspberry color (in fact, that's the name of the colorway!). The yarn in called CoBaSi (from the cotton, bamboo, and silk blend), and is from the brand HiKoo by skacel. It's not a yarn I've ever used before, but it was such a pretty color, and also pretty much all I could afford at the time. I've been on a fingering weight hat binge lately, so this very well may end up on my head. We'll see.

I also purchased some cute pins from Le Petit Elefant by Genevieve Santos. In the rush, I didn't get Genevieve's card and info, and so I had to go searching through the fair's website to find hers. Looking around her shop, I'm in love with her Boba Girl. She seems to be pretty popular on the site, and I must have every variation in my life.

Comments