Twisted Tie

Twisted Tie NOT as instructed in Knit Stitch Guide by Rita Weiss
This stitch is another one of the "stockinette stitch with a twist every few rows" patterns that we've seen. This time I actually like the neat little rows of my swatch over the slightly slanted lines of the book's picture. This variation is made by continuously knitting two together on a wrong-side row and knitting front and back on the right side. 

And here is where I have to admit my huge mistake. My first attempt is the first image in this post. I READ the instructions -- but obviously my brain processed something else -- and so for the first two rounds I purled two stitches together instead of knitting. I only realized my mistake on the third repeat of the pattern, when I finally realized that the pattern said K2tog. In case you're curious, that pattern is the lower two thirds of the picture above; it is actually a decent stitch pattern itself. However, the swatch that I actually intended to make is the one pictured below.

Twisted Tie as instructed in Knit Stitch Guide by Rita Weiss

Comments