Hooked On: Tunisian Entrelac Bag

It's LA Yarn Crawl time! It is a whopping two weekends long this year, and I've taken the opportunity to visit a yarn shop I've never been to before: The Little Knittery in Los Feliz (whether I get to go to another store later is up in the air). Normally when I go to a yarn crawl shop I just buy whatever looks good, and often nothing at all, never have a gotten the recommended yarn for one of the store patterns. Not this time though. I fell in love with the crocheted bag on display, and bought two skeins of the recommended Noro Silk yarn at $21 a pop (it was also payday).

I've gotten started on this and I have to say it's a pretty good on-the-go project. I've managed a couple of diamonds on the bus and during my lunch break, which is pretty good for someone who has never done a Tunisian Crochet nor an entrelac crochet project before. Results so far look like this and I am loving it:



Entrelac crocheting turned out to be fairly simple, but I had trouble with the Tunisian style and I had to start over a couple of times. Using this tutorial I was able to get it. I highly recommend it if you're doing the same stitch for the first time. My mistake was that I didn't understand what "put hook under next vertical bar" meant so I just crocheted through the next stitch as thought normal, creating an odd looking stitch that I KNEW was just wrong. That's why quickly accessible YouTube vids are such a godsend!

Comments